Step 3 in my 10 Step Couponing class is simple and important!What are we dealing with? We know what coupons are, but do you know what defines the different types?
- Issued by the manufacturer or company of the product pictured on the coupon itself.
- Usually has a barcode that starts with a number 5 or 9.
- Accepted at any retailer that takes coupons.
- Issued by the individual store itself.
- Has a barcode that begins with a number other than 5 or 9.
- Usually has a store logo on it.
- Accepted only at the store issuing the coupon.
- Electronic coupons that are loaded onto a store loyalty card.
- It’s redeemed at the time of purchase when the cashier scans your card.
- Upromise and Saving Star are a couple of well-known e-coupon services.