Well this is fun! This week’s Feedback Friday is all about the name game. Do you love naming contests? You know when people ask you to name their next child and if they pick the name you’ll win a cup of Starbucks or hopefully something more awesome. This has got to be the coolest site for ‘namers’ as they’re called.
NamingForce.com has taken the love of naming things to a whole new level of competition! How about winning hundreds of dollars because the thing you named was picked? So intriguing right?
How Does it Work?
- Companies put up a contest asking for people to name their business.
- They offer money..upwards of $500 to the winning name.
- You enter the contest and submit your name idea.
Won’t Companies Take the Name and Run?
- No worries, because the company has to pre-pay NamingForce.com, so the money is being held and will be awarded as soon as the contest ends.
- They deal with paypal only, so get your account ready!
What’s the Catch?
- Since hundreds of names are entered, NamingForce uses a crowdsource voting system to weed through the good from the bad.
- I like this idea, because if you are really trying to offer a great name, it will be ranked higher than others just throwing anything into the ring.