Every once in awhile a girl has to indulge herself.
- Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker)
I budget everyday.
The secret? Indulge in accessories. Be frugal in everything else.
For the past year you’ve seen my frugal side. I’ve also admitted it doesn’t come naturally. It never has and probably never will. I’m OK with that. Despite being a fancy girl, we’ve managed to get out of debt, not use credit cards and abundantly provide for our children.
Granted, I was wearing a Louis Vuitton scarf on my head.
We got to talking, very sweet woman by the way, and after handing her my business card, she said she would never have taken me for a frugal blogger.
I’m not sure what a frugal blogger is supposed to look like, but apparently it’s not me.
All this to say, if you are like me: love fashion and bling (see pic of my latest score above) spend on accessories, not clothing.
The rest of my outfit that day: Kmart flare jeans $9, Charlotte Russe hot pink short blazer $20, beige tshirt Forever 21 $5.
- You get more wear out of them. Can be used everyday if you want!
- What gets noticed on a cake? Not the frosting, the decorations. Same with fashion.
- If you ever watch a fashion show, models rarely wear accessories, because it would be a distraction from the outfit.
- Anything that’s on you, that’s not clothing!
— Isra(@thefrugalette) August 20, 2012