Here’s a confession: mummies, sci-fi, and creepy crawlies have always intrigued me! I love watching Halloween movies, seeing all the freaks come out is fascinating, right? The season is upon us and the movie to launch the season is opening this Friday!
Frankenweenie, the Disney film directed by genius Tim Burton will be in theaters October 5th. I love bringing a little bit of Disney magic into our own home, it gets the kids excited for the movie and helps them to understand what they are watching.
- Mummy Pizza
- Dog Bone Breadsticks
- Ghost Egg
- Jack-O-Lantern Clementine
Frankenweenie is a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments.
It’s a modern day Frankenstein with a story kids can relate to, losing their beloved pet.
After talking about the movie and seeing this short trailer I wanted to make a ‘Frankenweenie Inspired Bento Box!’
- English muffin
- String Cheese
- Black Olives
- Bell Pepper
- Spaghetti sauce
- Spread sauce all over. Add two olives for eyes and pieces of green/red or yellow bell pepper for pupils. (Use whatever you have, tomatoes, cucumbers) tear string cheese and place around ‘face.’
- Place in oven until cheese is melted and muffin is lightly toasted.
DOG BONE BREADSTICKS
- 11 0z. package of refrigerated pre-made breadstick dough
- Unroll and separate the sticks of pre-cut dough.
- Stretch it out a bit to make it thinner like bones.
- Slit the ends into half and roll each piece to make the shape of a bone.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.