It’s time to spend $5 and fill up our shopping basket! Once a week I give my ‘ode to deals’ by posting one, and only one crazy awesome drugstore deal that I think is best for new people (and veterans) starting out with coupons. If you are new to couponing check out out my 10 Step Couponing course and especially my guide to navigating the drugstores!
My challenge is to not use more than $5.99 out of pocket and see how far I can s-t-r-e-t-c-h my money. All coupons were available at the time, if it’s not available it is most likely out of prints. They sometimes do re-set at the beginning of the month!
- Their cash back program is called Extra Care Bucks (ECB), it prints at the bottom of your receipt.
- Use your store loyalty card every time you shop.
- Scan your card at the red coupon machine inside the store for CVS store coupons.
- You can use a CVS store coupon with a Manufacturer coupon on one item.
- You can use 2 coupons on a BOGO sale.
- You can use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO sale.
(2) Dimetapp $4.99/each
Use (2) $2 off 1 coupons
=$5.98, use $3 ECB from previous transaction
=$2.98 ECB, get back $3 ECB
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies $1.99/each
Use $.50 off 1 Gluten Free Rice Krispies (if included in promo)
=$2.99, use $3 ECB from previous transaction
=$0, get back $1 ECB
2 Bic Shavers $3.69/each
-Buy One Get One 50% Off
Use (2) $2 off 1 coupons from 12/9 SS
2 Bumble Bee Tuna $.99
Use $1 off 2 from Recyclebank
=$2.51, use $1 ECB from previous transaction
Bottom Line: $5.46 out of pocket, $33.30 worth of product