Welcome to $5 Drugstore Deals! Every week I pick one drugstore to show how couponers bring everything into a seamless transaction. You dont have to spend a lot out of pocket, to get a lot of product. I try not to spend more than $5.99 (usually less) out of pocket and see how far my five bucks takes me!
Remember deals can be regional, so always check your ad to see if it matches up. It’s an easy way to see how far we can s-t-r-e-t-c-h our hard-earned money! I check all the ads and pick the store I think has the easiest and best deal that week.
If you’re new to couponing check out my 10 Step Couponing Course.
Points to remember about shopping at Rite Aid:
- Remember to use your store loyalty card.
- Their cash back program is called +UPs, they print at the bottom of your receipt, and can be used to buy anything in the store, except prescriptions. (they DO expire, so check the expiration date!)
- Rite Aid coupons and manufacturer coupons can be used on one item.
- Sign up HERE for their Single Check Rebate Program.
- Watch Rite Aid Video Values HERE for special coupons to print after.
- You now have to opy-out if you want your +UPs printed instead of automatically attached to your card.
- +UPs earned can only be used starting 6 AM the next day, so plan accordingly.
- After you purchase $500 worth of products (calculated BEFORE manufacturer coupons) your card will get you an automatic 10% off all regularly priced merchandise.
- After you purchase $1000 worth of products (calculated BEFORE manufacturer coupons) your card will get you an automatic 20% off ALL regularly priced merchandise!
Heads Up! This is the LAST month RA will have the Single Check Rebate (SCR) program. It officially ends 1/1/13.
Centrum Pro Nutrients $9.99
Centrum Specialist $9.99
Use $5 off 1 ProNutrients from RP 10/14
Use $5 off 1 Specialist from RP 12/2
Use $2 off 1 ProNurtrients Rite Aid coupon from Diabetes Book
Use $2 off 1 Specialist Rite Aid coupon from Diabetes Book
=$5.98, use $5 +UPs from previous transaction
=$.98, get back (2) $3 +UPs and $2 SCR for Specialist
(2) Post Shredded Wheat cereals $2.50/each
Use (2) $1 off 1 printable coupons
Use $1 off 2 Rite Aid coupon from Flu Book
=$2, get back $2 +UP when you buy 2
(2) Real Shave Cream $3.99/each
-Buy One Get One FREE Sale
=$3.99, get back (2) $2 +UP rewards ( NO coupons needed!)
=$5.99, use $6 +UP from previous transaction
=$0, get back (3) $2 +UPs
Use $.55 off 1 Chapstick Sport Ready
Use $1 off 1 Rite Aid coupon
(2) Chex Mix $1.50/each
Use (2) $.50 off 1 coupons
=$2, get back $1 +UP
Cepacol Throat Lozenges $3.99
Use $1 off 1 printable coupon
=$2.99, get back $2 +UP
Duracell Batteries $3.47
Use $2 off 1 coupon from RP 12/9
=$6.46, use $6 +UP from previous transaction
=$.46, get back $3 +UPs
Purex Laundry Detergent $1.99
Use $1 off 1 printable coupon
(2) Hershey’s Kisses $2.99
Use $1 off 2 from RA Video Values
Use $2 off 2 Hershey’s coupon
=$3.97, use $3 +UPs from previous transaction
Bottom line: $5.69 out of pocket, $52.79 worth of product and $2 left from the SCR! Happy Shopping!
Bonus Deal: AMAZON $1 BOOK DEAL!
Amazon has a great promotion going on right now. Buy a $1 voucher through Amazon Local and use it to buy 1 book of your choice from a list of 50 eBooks that can be read on your Kindle or any reader with the Kindle app.