Coupons were a must for us to get out of debt.
When you’re not paying for diapers, hand soap or all the other things that make a house a home, that frees up a lot of extra cash.
Will I coupon forever? Not sure. Forever is a long time. But I do know, it is a viable, real option for those struggling with finances.
We went from 56k to 0 in 3 years by:
- Writing down every debt we owed in full.
- Paying off all the smallest debts FIRST. (Get a big win and it gives you major motivation!)
- Demanding the credit card companies lower our interest rates and reduce our final payoff.
- Using coupons for as many items as we could.
- Being a T.E.A.M. You need support, a cheerleader, a sounding board, seek one out..you can even e-mail me!
- Starting February 1st, thousands of people are taking the pledge to pay down $10 million in debt in 90 days!
- Started by blogger and certified financial planner Jeff Rose.
- Sign up at ReadyForZero to be part of it and then join the community at DebtMovement.
- You can earn scholarships to help pay off your debt!
- So far sponsors have put up $15,000 to give to participants in The Debt Movement to help pay off their debt!
How are working to get out of debt?