At the beginning of every week in 2013 I’ll be sharing a different way to get happy for FREE. Being happy doesn’t cost anything except your decision to try. I show you how I got happy that week and hope to inspire you to do the same. Join my Get Happy for FREE challenge, you have nothing to lose and a whole lot of smiles to gain!
This has been one rough winter in Boston. That pic above is not in the country, it’s not far out in some back woods, it’s in front of my house. My house in the city. We have had substantial snow every weekend for the past three weeks.
If you’ve ever stayed inside your home for an extended period of time, you’ll notice some things happen:
- Cabin fever.
We know exercise is good for our mind and body. But what about just a simple walk? Not power walking, not treadmill, just getting around your neighborhood a bit on foot?
According to About.com and CNN Health, research has shown that walking, even at a slower pace, will improve people’s mood for the better. Just one 30 minute walk may make you feel better when you’re down.
We are going to walk.
I took everyone out for a walk after the worst blizzard Boston had seen since 1978. If I can take 30 minutes to bundle up everyone just to get out the door, you can do it too!
This is from our walk a couple weeks ago, but since then I’m making an effort to get us all outside no matter the weather. I usually walk out the door grumbling because it takes so long to get out, but I always come back thankful and content that I went out.
We packed all three kids on the sled. So, technically, they didn’t walk.
This is the playground we usually take them too. Anyone thirsty?
Go for a walk. No excuses! I went walking in 4 foot high snow. Be purposeful when walking. Think positive thoughts, enjoy the scenery, take it all in. It’s all part of the experience.
JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
- Go for a walk then come back and tell me about it in the comments by 3/2 11:59 p.m. EST.
- I will pick one winner via random.org from all eligible comments. I’ll announce the next $5 Amazon Code winner in my weekly email that goes out every Sunday. Make sure you are a subscriber or you won’t know you won!
- If you win and are a blogger or want a link to your site or Instagram account mentioned in the newsletter be sure to snap a pic that represents this week’s challenge!
- Tag me on Facebook OR on Instagram with the pic!
- This giveaway is sponsored by me alone. I just enjoy motivating you to get happy!
Other posts in the 52 Ways to Get Happy for FREE Series:
- Week 1: Focus on Relationships
- Week 2: Go Somewhere New
- Week 3: Try a New Food
- Week 4: Spend Time Alone
- Week 5: Write to Someone
- Week 6: Smile
- Week 7: Take a Walk